Looking for a career in adveutre tourism?
The TreeTop Challenge is a multi-award winning adventure tourism brand and we are looking for anyone with a passion for adventure and an ability to provide high level customer service to join our team. Imagine yourself, flying through the trees on a daily basis and providing our guests with an unforgettable experience. If this sounds exciting to you, please read on!
We are a team of highly committed and safety conscious professionals who pride ourselves on delivering exceptional customer service to create lasting memories for our guests and we are always on the lookout for people who have our passion for adventure to join our dynamic team!
What does the role look like?
besides swinging through the trees and working in a stunning environment, you will be exposed to all aspects of adventure tourism including: Reception work, course inspections, customer harnessing, training and supervision
Is Experience Necessary
Experience isn't necessary to work with TreeTop Challenge, we provide all the necessary education and training to be an amazing supervisor / guide. You just need to have a passion for the outdoors and a willingness for great customer service
Our peak periods are weekends and school holidays. It's a minimum requirement you are available to work these periods. We also have many mid-week shifts available and these are offered to team members who work passionately with our guests
The list below are required within the first 2 months of you working with us. Additional outdoor recreation or outdoor education qualifications are beneficial but not essential
- First Aid
- Bue Card (Working with children check)
- Communication: You will be instructing large groups (30+ at times) of people that are excited for what they're about to do. You will have to speak clearly, with great volume, but also in a friendly way to help the group maintain excitement.
- Safety: You will be responsible for both the safety of yourself, and our customers. An attention to detail in these areas will be essential.
- Customer Service: The experience of climbers will be massively influenced by the psychological state they are in, and this will be massively affected by how we interact with them.
- Initiative: Our training process is quite thorough to make you a confident, autonomous staff member. Once trained, you will be required to act independently quite early on.
- Teamwork:With the level of independence required, the team will have many moments where they will rely on each other for support. This may be relying on another staff member to cover your area as you move to directly assist a climber, or could be rotating to cover a staff members position if they are burnt out or fatigued in the field.
- Physicality: Our course is designed to test the limits of the general population. In time, we expect you to not only be able to complete our courses, but complete them confidently, quickly and likely with someone else on them swinging it around while you assist them. In our interview process we will require you to demonstrate a confidence at heights, as well as the ability to complete our courses confidently. Failing this, we would need to at least see the determination required to grow to this level quickly.
- Age: Due to the high level of responsibility and independence we expect from staff, the youngest age we aim to hire is 17. Candidates younger than this could be considered, but they would have to be an extreme outlier with regards to maturity and responsibility, and they would likely also have restricted responsibilities at first.
If the role suits you, please give us a call to and we can discuss it further!